The abridged history of the tasks is:
- OC4J 10.1.3.0 introduced the basic tasks
- OC4J 10.1.3.1 and later versions extends the set of tasks to support JDBC/JMS resource configuration options and server shutdown/restart tasks
However in the OC4J 10.1.3.3 release several of the tasks are incorrectly defined in the antlib.xml and therefore not available using the names as described in the documentation.
The documentation is correct and shows how the tasks should be named. However if you use these tasks as documented you will get errors. The screen capture below highlights the specific differences.
The workarounds are either:
1. Revert to using the names as defined in antlib.xml for these tasks:
- addDataSourceConnectionPool == createJDBCConnectionPool
- addManagedDataSource == createManagedDataSource
- addNativeDataSource == createNativeDataSource
- testDataSourceConnectionPool == testConnectionPool
Change: taskdef name="createJDBCConnectionPool"
To: taskdef name="addDataSourceConnectionPool"
Change: taskdef name="createManagedDataSource"
To: taskdef name="addManagedDataSource"
Change: taskdef name="addManagedDataSource"
To: taskdef name="createNativeDataSource"
Change: taskdef name="testConnectionPool"
To: taskdef name="testDataSourceConnectionPool"
A bug has been filed for this and a patch will be released which fixes the issue along the lines of option 2 shown above.